Turkey Taco Eggplant Stacks
Yields: 6 servings - 1 stack per serving
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 5-6 T. Tiny Little Chef Taco Seasoning
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1/2 c. sea salt
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 T. chopped cilantro
- 6 t. plain greek yogurt (optional)
- In a sauce pot, brown the turkey.
- Add the tomatoes, taco seasoning and 1 t. salt to turkey.
- Let simmer 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Cut the eggplant into 12 quarter inch rounds and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Cover the eggplant slices with the 1/2 c. of salt and let sit for 30 minutes. (This helps to rid of excess moisture, improve texture, and remove any bitterness. It will NOT leave a salty taste.)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse the salt off the eggplant slices well and blot dry.
- In a greased baking pan, create a single layer of 6 eggplant spices. On the eggplant place the turkey mixture, followed by another slice of eggplant, more turkey mixture, and finally top with a slice of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Top with chopped cilantro and plain greek yogurt.
- TIPTo change the flavor, simply change the seasonings and cheese. (ie. Italian seasoning and mozzarella)
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 20 grams
- Carbs: 14 grams
- Protein: 26 grams